Post Icon

It's My Anniversary

Hellooo Everyone! My Natural Hair Anniversary was on Oct 17th! Yay!!! I am soooo HAPPY being Natural. I must say it is a great feeling. After I did my BC I was a little nervous about how people would react to it..But the BOLD side of me kept saying "Who Cares!" As long as I'm Happy that is all that matters. My Dad HATED my hair LMBO! He is just the kind of guy that likes long relaxed hair...FAIL...Lol. After the last two relaxers I had my scalp was begging me to STOP using relaxers. My scalp was seriously irritated every time I got a relaxer. When I decided to do my BC it was so random! I was so tired of the relaxed ends on my hair that I HAD to get my mom to do my BC for me. Immediately after I grabbed my head and just smiled because it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be so I was VERY happy. This transition has made me even more confident just from the amount of respect women get for being Natural. It takes a Bold individual to fight against the norm of relaxers and weaves and be free and beautifully Natural.  The bonus for me is that everyone can't just be natural so it's a plus when you can pull it off and not get discouraged to go back to the relaxers and weaves. I must say that I am happy with the beginning of this wonderful journey and I'm excited to explore being a Natural Woman :).


If there is anyone out there that really wants to go natural but is worried about how they will look, my advice is to continue your transition process until YOU are ready to cut your relaxed hair off. If being Natural is something you really want then your day will come and when it does you'll know for sure that it's the day to end the transition and just go for it. I wish the Best for everyone that is thinking of being Natural and for the newly Natural people.


Have a GREAT Day!
~EVA~

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment